Monday, April 14, 2008

New York City - Day 003

Thank you everyone for commenting!  It makes doing this even more fun!  I'm a little behind and so I'm trying to catch up now.
Monday, I got up early and took the train to 23rd St.  There I got to see the Flatiron Building.  Originally, it was called the Fuller Building.  Upon its completion in 1902 it was one of New York City's tallest buildings.  http://www.nyc-architecture.com





The Flatiron Building is on the corner of 5th Ave. and Broadway.  There were a few things I wanted to see on 5th Ave. so I just walked up that way.   I saw the Empire States Building, NY Public Library, and the Apple store.  Then I walked through Central Park until I got to 84th St. which was close to the Guggenheim museum.  The Guggenheim was undergoing exterior renovation.

After going in the Guggenheim I was really tired and it was kinda chilly, so I sat down on a bench for like half an hour.  It was relaxing.  

Let's see, I need to write just the good stuff, I think that's why this blog is taking me so long I'm trying to write every detail.  Oh and the Metropolitan Museum of Art was closed because almost all museums are closed on Mondays.  Lame!

So, I went in St. Bartholomew's Cathedral.  I can't even find that place on my map right now I have no idea where all I walked.  Anyway, I'll sum this up.  I walked to Rockefeller center, Time Square, Grand Central Station, and eventually all the way back to 23rd St.

Then, Cara and I met up with Emily and the three of us went out for Sushi!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the blog is back!

Anonymous said...

I thought your laptop got stolen....

mike houston said...

sorry the museums are closed. looks like you're gonna have to go back!

all that walking... did you take the subway at all? or a cab? you should take a cab somewhere if you have another day.