Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bus Rides Pt. 1 - Day 022


I went on a run in the morning.  I ran into town to see about the laundromat.  It was still closed and no sign of opening.  I was pretty frustrated because I hadn't done laundry since Kelli's (eek!).  I decided instead of staying another night, I better move on.

I went back to the hostel and told the lady I was planning on going, she said there was a 10:15 bus leaving Dingle and I could get a ride if I wanted.  I was much obliged because it was 10 o'clock, so I would've missed it otherwise.  She gave me a ride and I got on the bus to Tralee.  My goal at this point was to get to Scotland.  To do that I had to get to Belfast to catch the ferry over to Scotland.  I rode 3 buses to Dublin and took a very late bus to Belfast.  I contemplated staying in Dublin but I was anxious to be on my way.  And the bus was so late I got to sleep a little in the bus station and a little on the bus.

Budget:

Bus ride 1: €10.60 ($16.49)
Bus rides 2 & 3: €23 ($35.78)
Bus ride 4: €15 ($23.34)
Food: €3.50 ($5.44)

Total: €52.10 ($81.05) (Daaaang... I'm looking forward to using that unlimited train ride pass)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is that fish looking thing?