Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Beautiful Dingle town - Day 019

I woke up and trekked my way to the bus station to get there right as it opened. The first bus to Dingle wasn't until about 10:15, but I didn't mind waiting. They had a power supply in the terminal so I charged my laptop and iPod. My iPod has been put to lots of use lately because I put a book on it. It's very useful to have a book on the iPod and the battery lasts a long time, but it's rare when I get a good moment to charge it.

The bus ride to Dingle was gorgeous. I couldn't refrain from taking pictures on the bus even though I knew they weren't turning out that well. Dingle is the main harbor town of the Dingle peninsula; further west are little villages with a few scattered cafes and coffee shops. It is a common trip to start in Dingle town and follow the coastline around the peninsula in a full circle. This was my goal for the next few days.

I arrived at a good time for lunch and decided to try some traditional Dingle Fish & Chips. Afterwords, I was so full I could hardly move. I purchased a map of the peninsula. It had campsite locations and hostel locations throughout the path of the backpacker or bicyclist. I set out right away. I made it down to Ventry beach. I was overwhelmed by the view in every direction. Sadly, I realized I was far past the campsite I was planning on staying for the night. Well, actually I could've possibly walked right through it and not thought enough of it to stay because I did see some camper trailers. I found a better spot just off the edge of the beach, however. It was actually early evening, but I slept straight through to about 4 am.
Budget:

Breakfast: Cereal I had purchased (I snacked on this for awhile)
Lunch: €9.50 ($14.78)
Map: €3 ($4.66)
Total: €12.50 ($19.43)

4 comments:

mike houston said...

where'd you sleep at the campsite? Under the stars? What'd you do with your backpack? How was your birthday?

Cheryl said...

That picture is gorgeous!!

mike houston said...

Did you have any dingle berries in beautiful dingle town?

Joshua said...

No dingle berries, haha. I slept under the stars, yes. My backpack slept next to me. My birthday was good. I went to a few bars with the Canadian guys