Friday, May 2, 2008

Back to Dingle - Day 021

  The 3 Sisters from the other side

I woke up a little later than the day before.  I was very sore and really wanted a shower.  I walked back to Dingle and found a hostel.  It seemed like a very long walk but I got in about 10:15.  I checked into the hostel, took a shower, and took a nap.  They advertised that they had laundry services and internet.  I asked the lady about laundry and she said it was not available at the moment because her dryer was broken and she was backed up on laundry anyhow.  I put all my laundry in a hamper and took it into town to look for food and a laundromat.

After eating lunch I found a laundromat but it was closed with no hours of when it would be open posted anywhere.  I headed back to the hostel.  I asked her about internet, all I needed was the username and password because I was picking up the signal, she said I had to ask her husband about that and he would be back later.  Later that night he said it wasn't available at the moment because he was still working out some few kinks.

The good thing was the hostel had a piano and a guitar!  I was very happy about that.  I relaxed and just played piano for quite awhile.  It was next to the kitchen.  There were lots of people from Massachusetts who were studying abroad in Cork and in Dingle for the weekend at the hostel.  I told them how I visited a friend in Worcester before coming to Ireland.  They were all baking a cake and dinner as a surprise for a friend who wasn't there yet.  They were asking me many songs to play.  Some I knew, some I didn't.  After hanging out in the same room awhile with them, they invited me to join them for dinner.

Budget:

Hostel: €16 ($24.89)

Lunch: €3 ($4.67)

Groceries: €27.00 ($42.00) (I bought a €20 phone card that later turned out to be only for Ireland calls! Dang! Also, I bought laundry detergent and aloe vera gel.)

Dinner: Free! :D

Total: €46 ($71.57) (There goes all that money I saved the past couple of days)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take any pictures of the people you ate dinner with?

Joshua said...

No, they took a lot of me though!