Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Edinburgh - Days 032 & 033




Tuesday was the day to see the last couple things I wanted to see in Edinburgh, and what a gorgeous day it was to see them!

The first thing I did was go to the National Museum of Scotland.  This time I was allowed to take pictures in the whole museum.  The museum's 7 levels were in chronological order of Scotland's earliest known history to the latest.  I spent way too much time reading every detail on the first 2 levels and then went quickly through the last few levels.  The top roof level had a very good view of the city.

After the museum, I picnicked then made my way up to Hollyrood hill.  It is a hill on the edge of town that looks over everything around.
Wednesday I spent most of my time trying to find the cheapest way to get out of Edinburgh.  I had been looking at buying a train ticket into England, but since I waited the price had gone up tremendously.  After hanging out at the train station for awhile, I walked down to the bus station where they had an overnight coach all the way to London for 18.50.  That was a great deal!  So then I hung around the bus station until 10:30 and then I was headed to London!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear from you again. I asked your mother if she had heard from you. I was concerned someone stole your laptop or somebody threw you into jail for some reason.

I have been riding my bike out past your parents' house. The long, flat rides in that direction help me get my desired mileage quota for the week, which has been 110 to 120 miles lately. Riding flat roads is a little like cheating because there are no big hills.

Alanna B said...

Where have the posts gone??