Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday - Day 009

I woke up at 9:30.  I had the intention of going to church because Kelli pointed out a Trinity Lutheran church that was right across the street from the Worcester Art Museum.  I quickly got on my laptop and googled "trinity lutheran worcester."  I found the website and the service started at 10 am; I had about 25 minutes!  I opened up Google Earth and entered in addresses to find directions; it was about a 1.9 mile trip. I saved a picture of the directions and uploaded it to my phone.  I put on pants and shoes and ran out the door.  I was down to about 21 minutes.  As I was running up a steep Adams street I thought I'd text Kelli and let her know I'd be back later.  Kelli called and asked, "Where are you?  What are you doing?" ... "Stay right there I'll come pick you up."  Kelli picked me up and we made it to Trinity Lutheran with about 9 minutes to spare.  Thank you, Kelli.  :)
After church, Kelli and I drove Jean-Marie and Melissa to the airport in Boston. Then we walked around Boston. We walked through the Boston Common, which dating back to 1634 is the oldest park in the United States.  We walked over the bridge and I was pleased to see a lady playing an accordion and she was playing the waltz from Amélie! (La Valse D'Amélie) We walked through some historic parts of Boston; I liked the historic street names that show how simple times were back then: Water Street, Milk Street... haha.
The picture is Faneuil Hall; it has served as a place for market and meetings since 1742. Currently, the ground floor is still used as marketplace, the second floor is used for meetings, and the third floor is maintained by the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company.

3 comments:

mike houston said...

i'm glad you included the part where you put on your pants and shoes. I have been worried in all your other posts about you going all these places without any pants or shoes on. I knew you had your pants and shoes on in that philly art museum pic, cuz i could clearly see you had indeed put on your pants and shoes. And in new york, i thought to myself "well, if he's not wearing any pants or shoes at least he cant get pickpocketed" but then i thought that you might catch cold without your pants and shoes, and then, like i said, I was worried about whether or not you put on your pants and shoes. So thanks for including that in this post.

I'm at work and having a lot less fun than you on your adventure, if you can tell by my verbose and pointless commenting today.

Joshua said...

Yes. I only needed to put on pants and shoes because I slept in the shirt that I was gonna wear to church.

Lorrie Houston said...

I think you should conduct a "people's choice" poll on whether or not to bring back the budget when you go to Europe. It would probably be bigger than the Pennsylvania primary.