Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Como



Como was the first city in Italy I visited. I stayed a night in Lucerne the night before but there is no point in writing a blog because I left my camera in a locker even though I had a picturesque morning walk along the lake. Well, back to Como. It was a beautiful train ride from Switzerland to Italy, right through the alps. I was glad I did it in the daytime to see it all, instead of a night train like my original plan.

Como was right on the lake. I pretty much did nothing but relax by the lake my whole visit in Como. I was reading a book my friend Jana loaned me when I saw her in Paris. The book is called Three Cups of Tea and it is about a man, Greg Mortenson, who after trying to climb K2 decided to start building schools in impoverished villages of northern Pakistan and Afghanistan. It took me awhile to get going on the book, but I pretty much read the whole thing on the train ride to Como and then in Como. It is a very inspiring and informative book!

Como was a great place to stay for a first time in Italy. I had pizza, gelato, wine, grapes... It is nice to be somewhere that all the food I love is so common!

No comments: