Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cinque Terre




I recently found out I've had my days mixed up for awhile. The Cinque Terre is very small and very popular, so I thought it would be best to visit on a weekday. When I got there it was unbelievably crowded. Still though, it was beautiful. I took a little break because I thought the crowd would thin out. Luckily, I was right. Around dinner time all the crowds were eating and nearly on their way out, and the rest of my exploration through the villages was pretty much crowd-free, apart from when I was in the center of the village of Vernazza. I took a swim in the sea. I actually thought it would be a good substitute for a shower. I didn't bathe in it or anything, but since I had been hiking around all day, I thought a swim would really cool me off and refresh me. I didn't smell fresh after my swim though.

The villages were very adorable and it would've been very nice to spend more time there. It would have been amazing to be there without all the crowds. It has the good mixture of natural beauty with small Italian-village charm. By the way I visited on a Saturday, which probably made it much more crowded, but I thought I visited on a Thursday, or a Tuesday, I can't remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow these are some great pictures. Thanks for putting them up for us to see. Love you - see you soon. Dad