Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Salzburg




The train part of my journey started Thursday when I left Paris. (Well, I think that was Thursday) I was going to take the night train from Paris to Berlin, but since the train to Berlin was full I went to Hamburg instead. I spent the day in Hamburg and it was fun. I hadn´t made plans ahead of time to do anything, but I did enjoy a Jägerschnitzel for lunch.
I was looking at my train time table and saw that I could get into Salzburg first thing in the morning. I was very excited about doing so. I found a campsite; I took a picture of it this time. I have had a wonderful time here. In the pictures are the Salzach river, the Mozart Geburtshaus (the birthplace of W.A. Mozart), and Festung Hohensalzburg (literally "High Salzburg Fortress" in German). I got to see a little Musical Theatre, but I didn´t see any concerts like I wanted to. I think they have some open-air concerts in Vienna, so I will have to check that out, I am going there tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh, We are really enjoying your adventure. Merci, pour sending it to us. If you get in the northeastern part of germany and find the city of Minden, it's where your ancestors on your great grandma Navis side of the family originated. Her maiden name was Von Behren. God bless! We love you. L & L Navis