Thursday, May 8, 2008

Edinburgh - Days 026 & 027

I toured St. Cecilia's Hall - Museum of Instruments. It was really cool to see old harpsichords, spinets, virginals, and pianos. It actually reminded me of a dream I used to have where I was lost in the McCall Shore Lodge and then I would stumble upon a secret stairwell that led down to a room full of exotic pianos.Thankfully, the part where I completely forgot how to play didn't happen like it did so many times in my piano dreams; also I was wearing pants, so that was another pleasant reassurance.

I had the pleasure of meeting a couple people at the hostel and then bumping into them later on High Street, where there are lots of street performers and vendors.  Bagpipes can be heard all along High Street.  So after bumping into them, the three of us went out to eat at the Elephant House.  This little cafe house proudly displays in its window, "Birthplace of Harry Potter."  It is the place where J.K. Rowling penned the first Harry Potter novel.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yay for Harry Potter!!!

KB said...

That is an awesome dream.