Thursday, May 22, 2008

Big Ben & National Gallery - Days 040 & 041


I went to the National Gallery.  There were some really good Rembrandt paintings, I was very excited about that.  Also, the featured highlight was a Leonardo Da Vinci painting that was very impressive.

These dolphin/merman statues are found in many cities.  Some have the person riding the dolphin.  I wonder if dolphins are easier to ride than manatees or if the statue maker likes dolphins more, but I think they ought to have a few statues of mermen or mermaids riding manatees. 

I walked down to see Buckingham Palace and Big Ben.  The picture is of the Queen Victoria Memorial that is located just in front of Buckingham Palace.  Big Ben is in the background.

  

4 comments:

Megan said...

Make sure you get a chance to eat some sticky toffee pudding...yum...

Alanna B said...

lol. I hate fountains like that where they have the statues puking up water. Makes me nauseous.

Joshua said...

Is sticky toffee pudding also known as black pudding? I passed on having black pudding because I read it was curdled blood.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are of Poseidon.