Saturday, April 12, 2008

The city of brotherly love - Day 001




My first day of traveling solo and things are going pretty well.  I slept nearly the entire way on the flight from Boise to Denver and on the one from Denver to Philadelphia, as was expected.  Thankfully, I didn't fall asleep in any terminals.  I also didn't fall asleep on the train from the airport to downtown Philadelphia.  So yes, I've been awake for the important parts and that means it's going well.

I'd love to see everything there is to see in Philadelphia, but I have to remind myself that I'm on my way to Europe and so I'm just getting a feel of some of these East Coast cities.

One important thing was to eat a Philly Cheese-steak so I ate one close by to my hotel.

Today's budget:
Pizza Hut pizza @ airport: $4.75
Train ticket to downtown Philly: $7
Map because I thought I memorized Philly and I didn't: $8
Philly Cheese-steak and a beer: $12.25
Hotel Room: Paid for by Mom (Thanks, Mom!)

Total: $32
Grade: C+ (Less beer and less airport food)

9 comments:

justchum said...

oh man, phillicheese steak sandwiches..sooo good..and sooo worth it. Definetly have to try their cheese cake too..family of 5 finished it in one car ride back to Toronto. MMmmm. Damn good I'd say.

Unknown said...

Hey Buddy! Love the blog so far! Miss you!

Lorrie Houston said...

Great picture--it makes me hungry! I think you did better than a C+!!!!

Lenny said...

Nice blog Josh. You might want to get a Flickr account so you can publish your digital pix without any cropping.

Have you mapped out where the no cost or low cost Internet cafes are in Europe?

I will put your blog on my feeds to watch. Have a fun trip.

Lenny

mike houston said...

doan want sammy

Katie Ledington said...

Day 1! haha already trying out the "authenticities" and you haven't even left the country yet. you rock my socks off

Katie Ledington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Joshua - I am so envious! I would love to be on a trip like this. I especially like reading your financial accounting.

mike houston said...

i wanna know what post was removed by the author?