Thursday, July 3, 2008

Berlin

Sadly, I lost a few pictures from Berlin. I went to the German history museum and took lots of pictures because they were allowed. Also, an addition and part of the renovation was done by I.M. Pei, so I was happy to photograph the addition. However, now that I lost the pictures I wish I bought a postcard.

Well, from my first day in Berlin I still have pictures. I walked to the Reichstag building. This is the building that houses the parliament of Germany, the Bundestag. At the top is the large glass dome, which symbolizes that the German people can now look in on their leaders.

I don't know if it was just that food was on my mind or what, but the inside vortex type pillar of the dome had a funny similarity to the dönner kebab. I took a picture of the meat at one kebab stand, but I am going to use one picture from wikipedia to show you.

Here are more pictures from Berlin:


The Brandenburg Gate:


The dome of the Reichstag building:


A memorial to 96 members of the Reichstag killed by Nazis:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you did not get the pictures of significant places you want, but you visited, you can probably find postcard style pictures on the Internet after you get back home. We found that useful when we were in Greece.